Facebook groups are the new chosen neighborhoods for your business. When it comes to deciding whether or not to create a Facebook page or a Facebook group you will need to do both. Understandably, Facebook pages are for entities and celebrities to create an authentic and public presence because by default it is public on the internet. Personal profiles are protected and private. Entities must also have a business page for automation platforms to post outside of Facebook.
Outside of these purposes, it is vital for a business to create a Facebook group to create a community to create sales. Long gone are the days of the chronological feed. You will get what you are given with the constant algorithm changes. Recently, Mark Zuckerburg, founder of Facebook, posted on the platform last year that he built it so people can stay connected with people. And that friends and family are at the core of the Facebook experience. “Strengthening our relationships improves our well-being and happiness,” says Zuckerburg. This is why the updated algorithm prioritizes posts that spark conversations and meaningful interactions between people. In other words, make your Facebook group work for you.
1) Map out your content for every other day so your audience doesn’t feel overwhelmed with multiple posts daily. Then if they skip Facebook for a couple of days they did not miss a lot of information.
2) Use different types of posts for variety and engagement i.e. provide tips, use polls, ask questions, celebrate wins, use lives
3) Create a challenge within the group, provide massive value on WHAT your expertise is, then ask for the sale by offering your package on the HOW to win them as a customer
4) Host competitions- this creates massive engagement
5) Make new members feel excited and welcome them every week
Use your Facebook group to create a community, have fun, and ask for the sale. Do not throw away your Facebook page, remember, it is still public content by default. Choose your neighborhood for your online business by creating it for your market. Put out content they want to experience.